Being Petite doesn’t only have drawbacks. There are a couple of advantages that you can enjoy when you are petite. Let us show you!
1. You have enough room for your legs whether you travel on the plane, bus or train. As I just made a round-trip Paris-Reunion with 11 hours of flight in each direction, I can guarantee you that it is a significant asset not to neglect.
2. People will always help you if you ask them. The bottle on the top shelf over there? No problem. Do you have to carry a box or suitcase that looks extremely heavy? Don’t worry. There is usually a kind soul not far from you who will surely accept to give you a hand. Just put on your best smile!
3. The beds are never too small for you, and your toes always find ways to be covered by the comforter.
4. You never need to worry about hitting your head because the ceiling is too low!
5. If we talk about health, according to studies conducted by Swedish researchers from the Karolinska Institute, it seems that being petite highly reduces the risk of cancer! It would also appear that we live longer.
6. You will look forever young. At 60, it will be a real advantage. Though we must agree, at 27 years, it is probably a little annoying (except perhaps to get student discounts!)
7. If you want your man to be taller than you, you will be spoiled for choice since the average height for men ranges from 5’5 to 6′. And men are more likely to approach you as they won’t be intimidated by your size.
8. You will never be blamed for wearing high heels (and owning them!)
9. Mini-skirts never look vulgar on you
10. When you lose weight, it shows right away. Changes in weight or musculature are more quickly and easily visible on a 5′ body than a 6′ body.
11. You do not have to bend down to greet someone. It’s the others who do it for you. +1 life point for your back!
12. You are always in the front on group pictures.
13. You can sneak into small spaces and through crowds more easily. Which reminds me that I often acted as a scout for my friends during festivals!
14. You have a low centre of gravity. Therefore, you theoretically are better at balancing and poise than other people, and if you fall, you will hit the ground from a shorter distance. How about trying climbing, skiing, slacklining or gymnastics?
15. You are particularly good at recovering things that may seem to other people way out of your reach. A stool, the edge of a shelf, the side of the bath, an umbrella, a broom, a well-placed jump … all means are right! When you do this kind of thing all your life, nothing frightens you, and you become an expert at finding solutions when you need to.
16. People are less likely to be suspicious of you and consider you as competition. At work, this can be a real benefit if you know how to use it.
If you want more positive vibes, check out our Designed by LPA collection ! You will probably like what you see there.